SpellTable Bugs & Product Suggestions
Before You Create a New Report
For New Reports
- Summarize the problem
- List the steps you took that led to the problem
- What was the result that happened when you followed those steps
- What was the result you expected to happen when you followed those steps
- Open SpellTable and start or join a lobby
- Select the gear icon to configure inputs
- Actual: No input devices are detected under “Camera Source”
- Expected: My camera can be selected for “Camera Source”
Additional Information to Provide
- The brand, model, and/or type of device you’re using (USB webcam, Android/Tablet, iPhone/iPad, etc.)
- The version or your operating system you’re using (i.e.: Windows 10, MacOS Big Sur, Android 11, iOS 14, etc.)
- Your browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
- A screenshot of the issue or any error messaging received (Note: it must be smaller than 50 mb in size)
- The last are simple checks for any camera/microphone issues you might encounter:
- Ensured permission has been granted for your Camera and Microphone through your preferred browser: Use your camera & microphone
- Ensured that no other programs are using your Camera or Microphone (you can find information on how to perform this check by searching online)
- Temporarily disabling any Anti-Virus programs that might disable camera and microphone access (even if you’re already granted it)
- Tested your camera is working with Online Mic Test
26 results found
-
There was a problem switching the camera, try closing the camera app
Good morning,
I have a bug with using the camera on a mobile phone. When I select the phone webcam option, after scanning the QR code, it takes me as usual to the 'join the game' button. Unfortunately, if I click on it, I get the following error: 'There was a problem switching the camera, try closing the camera app'. This error occurs even if I don't have any camera app open besides the spelltable website, and it happens with both mobile phones I own (an Honor and a mid-range Samsung).28 votes -
BUG: Camera and Microphone inputs not present, unable to appear or change on Firefox
When trying to use spelltable on Firefox I'm being shown multiple seemingly related error messages resulting in my camera sources both not appearing in the browser as well as the fields that should be shown to change my selected input not appearing. Screenshot are attached showing both error messages received and the inputs menu that should have the input selection options that aren't present. Other browsers (ie chrome) appear to work as expected.
I'm running a desktop PC on windows 10. Firefox is the browser at issue. I've additionally confirmed permission settings are approved for spelltable both at the browser…3 votes -
Selecting aspect ratio with mobile camera uses incorrect orientation
I'm using a 3rd generation iPhone SE.
When I use my phone as my camera, the website asks me to rotate my device to landscape. I rotate my device to landscape, then choose 16:9 as my desired aspect ratio. When my camera connects, my camera is using 9:16 (portrait) instead of 16:9 (landscape). Then, when I rotate my phone to portrait mode, my camera on Spelltable becomes landscape mode and zooms very far in.
What should happen is when my phone is in landscape mode, my camera output should be in landscape mode. Additionally, Spelltable zooms in the camera output…
4 votes -
There was a problem changing the camera, try closing your camera app.
I went to play a game of Commander with my friends like i just did 6 hours ago. In the lobby screen i could see my Cam just like i used to for the past 1.5 years but after clicking join lobby it showed ,,There was a problem changing the camera, try closing your camera app.". It is the first time i had that problem, as I said 6h earlier it worked just fine and all my attempts to fix it failed. Please Help
17 votes -
"We had trouble using your device" with Surf Onn 1440p with Autofocus
I found a Surf Onn 1440p Webcame in clearance at walmart for cheap and figured it be a good upgrade from me old one, my wifes old unbranded webcam that gives off a fisheye affect while playing. But the new one wont work on Spelltable. All is ee is a black screen than this text shows up " We had trouble using your device" Ive reset permissions multiple times and the old webcam still works with Spelltable but this new one wont. Again it works in other apps like Discord so im not sure whats going on. How do i…
9 votes -
no camera options
so only on chrome do i have this problem, but before joining a game and in game I do not have the option for selecting a camera input in the Configure Inputs settings menu. on windows edge I have the options, just not on chrome
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?