Skip to content

SpellTable Bugs & Product Suggestions

Before You Create a New Report

Before creating a new report, please enter the issue in the Issue Title field below to see if your issue has already been reported. It is a good idea to limit this to a few key words, like a device name or specific feature.

Example: webcam not found (Note: Partial words may not bring up results, we recommend to try webcam instead of cam or web cam)

If your issue has been reported already, click the VOTE button so that we know you've experienced that bug as well. You can also leave a comment if you'd like to add to the conversation about that bug or provide additional information you think might be useful.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For New Reports

If your bug has not been reported, please do so now! Update the Issue Title to reflect the problem you’ve encountered.

Example: Logitech Camera doesn’t work

Choose the Category that describes your problem.

Use the Describe your idea field to detail what happened, and provide the following information to allow us to investigate the issue:
  1. Summarize the problem
  2. List the steps you took that led to the problem
  3. What was the result that happened when you followed those steps
  4. What was the result you expected to happen when you followed those steps
Example:
Logitech C922 can’t be selected as a camera
Category: Camera Bug
  1. Open SpellTable and start or join a lobby
  2. Select the gear icon to configure inputs
  3. Actual: No input devices are detected under “Camera Source”
  4. Expected: My camera can be selected for “Camera Source”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information to Provide

You can provide additional information that can also help us perform an investigation quickly. Great information to include:
  1. The brand, model, and/or type of device you’re using (USB webcam, Android/Tablet, iPhone/iPad, etc.)
  2. The version or your operating system you’re using (i.e.: Windows 10, MacOS Big Sur, Android 11, iOS 14, etc.)
  3. Your browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
  4. A screenshot of the issue or any error messaging received (Note: it must be smaller than 50 mb in size)
  5. The last are simple checks for any camera/microphone issues you might encounter:
  • Ensured permission has been granted for your Camera and Microphone through your preferred browser: Use your camera & microphone
  • Ensured that no other programs are using your Camera or Microphone (you can find information on how to perform this check by searching online)
  • Temporarily disabling any Anti-Virus programs that might disable camera and microphone access (even if you’re already granted it)
  • Tested your camera is working with Online Mic Test

8 results found

1. Forever Loading Streams

Players are unable to see me and I am unable to see them. Tried 2 different accounts, 3 different devices (macOS and Windows). Only spinning circles. This has happened ever since the 1/22/24 update. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. mobile URL not connecting to spelltable

I can open the spelltable and scan the URL code to use mobile loads on phone I can join no problem but the screen from my phone is not transferring over to spelltable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Video not displaying / loading

I seem to be able to load into lobbies just fine but then the video is just stuck as the screenshot shows forever.
    I'm using my mobile device as camera and it seems to connect just fine as well but neither other player or myself can see the video from it.
    I'm on windows 10 and chrome and reloading the browser or even restarting my computer doesn't help. Spell table was working for me just fine until a few days ago and this seems to be a common problem for people playing on the server that I'm playing in.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OBS studio virtual camera is very laggy

I'm using OBS studio to combine my overhead camera with a face camera in a smaller window in the corner. The feed from the virtual camera is fine in OBS studio, but it looks really laggy in Spell table. I tested the virtual camera in Discord and it also looks fine. I did pretty extensive trouble shooting with OBS and it seems fine on that end. I also reduced the resolution, but that also did not help. How do I get it to stop being laggy?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. camerabug

I have a Error fetching Device but dont know what to do about it. i try to use a Document camera per USB connection

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Spelltable requieres a Camera, even though i want to use the experimental Phone Camera.

This resolutes that i need to have two Webcams setup if i want to stream a Game via OBS. So i have a webcam connected to the computer... just so Spelltable have its own... !!!Not Used!!! webcam. This makes streaming pretty unconftable. If your unlucky, if you are disconnected, it will try to get your Facecam in OBS... even if you are setting the other cam. ...
    Pleeeease fix this.

Happend in Firefox, when joining a game, using the experimental mode. As seen in the screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Streaming bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug - Screen goes black

Encountered this problem where my streaming goes black about half an hour started. Surely not a device problem beacause the browser and itself signals as funcioning and recording.

Camera logitech C920S
    Windows 10
    Chrome

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Spectate Issues

i open discord and spectate a cedh mtg game through spell table and either says I'm joining, says that for a whiling and unable to view a match. Or says that its the maximum number when there is zero spectating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SpellTable Bugs & Product Suggestions

Categories