infinite loops making the game into rage bait
Bloodthirsty Conqueror/Starship Cleric (and a handful of others) makes me want to throw my monitor out the window and quit playing the game.
Reason 1: Is this really what the game is about? Honestly, I'm disgusted by the people running these decks. Is it fun? Does it take any skill or thought to win the match? Nope! I play two cards, watch game tick down SLOWLY over minutes until I win. No clever play, no difficult set up. Why is this allowed to exist!? What's worse, it's gaining in popularity. Every mouth breather that can't think their way out of bed is all about it. I had run in to it one time in the last month. I've hit it three times in the last hour! Different people. Platinum 2~3.
Reason 2: what's worse than getting kicked square in the reproductive bits? Having it done repeatedly, agonizingly slow, and not only is there nothing you can do to stop it, but you can't leave either. You either have to sit and let the rage boil up as it ticks down taking FOOORRRREEEEVVVEEERRR or force close the game and restart. Honestly, everything about this combo is infuriating.
I've only run across one other deck this anti spirit of the game, some land destruction deck that essentially infinite combo'd your land to zero. But you know what? At least you can concede and move on to play against someone that isn't a sadist.
Just why? Why is this combo allowed to live, and why are we forced to sit and watch as the triggers take forever to tick away? If you refuse to get the garbage out of the game, at least make it so those of us having to deal with it can flee and go to greener pastures.