ETB lifegain triggers + Myrel, Shield of Argive + any +1/+1 gain on life gain = Opponent unable to respond and timer gets wound down
So I wanted to put together a cool concept of a deck. I went with "Hey what happens if I take this creature that makes a lot of tokens and then slap some lifegainers in with it?" Which works wonderfully! Soul Warden and many other creatures make it so whenever I have something enter I gain life, which makes Myrel an amazing Engine. And since I'm gaining a ton of life, it makes sense to put something like Ajani's Pridemate in there, right? Perfectly reasonable? Unfortunately, NO!
So Ajani's Pridemate, or any other card like it which gains +1/+1 counters on life gain, causes the stack to slow WAY down. By a lot. In doing so, the game appears to believe that the opponent is able to respond in ANY scenario. I have had it happen once against someone unintentionally by having 11 token copies of and 1 regular Exalted Sunborn on the field and attacking with Myrel whilst having maybe 20 tokens made by her to start the turn. (Sorry about that whoever that was, that game probably felt horrible for you.)
So! Since this is a deck that I made that not only works but works WELL (Plat 3 rank), and is one that I would enjoy being able to play without risking my opponents getting FORCIBLY TIMED OUT because of a 400+ stack trigger, this is a CRITICAL issue for me.
And again, to anyone who fell victim to this deck and the sh***y way that this game is made, I am genuinely sorry. Some of y'all probably could have still won after all that too. I know how that feels, this game feels like it's been cobbled together by cavemen with typewriters half the time. I feel your pain.
I would greatly appreciate having this marked as "Critical" as I am absolutely certain that this affects way more than just myself.
[EDIT: I believe what may be happening is that because the lifegain and counters TECHNICALLY resolve at instant speed, there is no way to respond to any of it which causes the game to believe that the opponent's turn has already begun? I could be wrong but idk this makes the most sense?]
-
LetsSpamDude#53424
commented
yeah something similar happened to me but they had over 1000 triggers
-
AshTheElmTree#70342
commented
Anyways adding another comment here just to say that I am absolutely stopping playing for now until I can manage to confirm that this bug has been patched because this has been my best deck and I fear I will never manage to personally cobble together anything even remotely close to this good if I tried again.
-
AshTheElmTree#70342
commented
The reason that I kept playing this despite having things like this happen before is that I just kept ACCIDENTALLY finding new ways it would happen, or improperly estimating how large of a group of ETB triggers I was ending up with after an attack.
I promise, I did not continue playing this with the idea of "oo free win" in mind, this deck is just apparently on a hair trigger for breaking the game.