Please implement customization for autotap and all actions
It is understandable that we should use autotap in a digital version of MTG since clicking multiple times is more burdensome than manual tap with physical cards most of the time. However, when using pain lands such as starting town or biblioplex, the auto tap will not save blue mana. It will also prioritize avoiding manlands, but it may prioritize other utility lands.
At the end of the day I don't expect that one solution can work for all players, so I think that auto tap needs to be customizable.
Additionally, I think the same of phase changing, and other actions such as spell stack interaction. Rather than toggling full auto mode all the time (which doesn't work!), why can't we just have a configurable table of different situations, and decide for ourselves which situations we want a default full control, or a default auto resolution?
The reason that full auto toggling does not work is because of the time dynamic. We simply cannot have it on all the time due to being inundated with menial tasks. But on the other hand, when we run with it off, phase changes or certain actions may happen before we even get a chance to respond by re-enabling the full auto, which is unfair. This is a problem unique to the digital client, and I don't face this challenge when playing in person.
I also find it disappointing that MTGO handles phase and state changes so much better than MTGA.
I have lost so many games because of the client and I find it extremely irritating, I'm just coming off of one of these losses so excuse the unhappy tone.
Thank you.
-
Maestro#11373
commented
The game is still rigged; if you're F2P, you get ****** hands and ****** draws—it's impossible to play, lol.
Don't give money to this scummy company; I hope MTGA gets sued—or they don't make any money and they have to shut the game down. -
Pontus#83940
commented
I would also add, I think it is not only the high ranked players, but also the beginners and developing players who would benefit from improved customization.
When I play in the mythic ranks i often am frustrated by players who take too long to execute their turns. In this game, a 30 minute chess timer has been given to both players to complete their BO3. But in reality, this is overly forgiving to make up for a poor user interface. When playing magic in person, you have a 50 minute round timer which is significantly less time. Ideally, the user interface should be slick enough that players can re-enact the real life experience, and get on with their games in a timely manner.
Also, Shadowverse for example is a game that is very beginner friendly, and it has a highly customizable user interface. It should be possible to do this.