Extremely Unlikely Land Distribution
Hello,
I believe there is an issue with Land Distribution in the game. Today, October 3rd 2026, I have played numerous games where I have either drawn into, or surveilled 5 lands in a row, in a standard 60 card deck, while having 2 lands in my opening hand, with only 18 lands total in the deck.
In fact in my last 3 completed games, it happened each time. Drawn into, or surveilled, 5 lands.
The likelihood of this exact scenario happening 3 times in a row, having 2 lands in hand, 18 lands total in the 60 card deck, is approximately 1 in 283, 593, 242 or 0.00000035% chance.
I understand variance is a thing, but this is so statistically unlikely to be anything other than a bug, and if it's not a bug, I should go and buy a lottery ticket because I am statistically more likely to win the jackpot than I am to have this issue occur.
-
Rezzahan#77802
commented
This is an anecdote, a single occurence of a thing that by your own admission is possible. To show that there is something wrong, you have to provide data of many games with a statistically significant divergence from the expected amount of times this should happen. Because an unlikely thing happening once in 10 games, is bad luck, an unlikely thing happening once in a million games is probably on par with what is expected. That a possible thing happens is not evidence that some thing is wrong. The context of how often it happens in how many games is what can give that evidence. But with a thing as unlikely as this, you'd have to show it happening at least 3 times in way fewer games than expected. More in still less games than expected would be better. And that would still only be an indicator that something MIGHT be wrong. Because it happening that often in that amount of games is still a possibility.