Emblem for Serra, the benevolent doesn't trigger, you'll still receive fatal damage even while controlling creatures.
Emblem for Serra, the benevolent doesn't trigger, you'll still receive fatal damage even while controlling creatures. A buddy and I messed around with counters and tokens. I have Serra's emblem and platinum angel, I go down to -500 million hp despite that the emblem says it can't go below 1. If I didn't have Platinum Angel, I would have lost (which I did a bit later when he bounced my Platinum Angel since -500 million hp). This has happened before too once in an ordinary game with low damage, died to an instant card which dealt damage. I understand most players don't play this way but spending wildcards for cards that don't work doesn't sit well with me.
-
Rezzahan#77802
commented
Damage cannot reduce your life total to less than 1. Direct loss of life can. Because that is not damage.