Product Suggestion
Arena Direct prize/i-Payout requirements are not clearly communicated
The current Arena Direct information regarding i-Payout is confusing and gives the impression that players need to create an i-Payout account before entering the event.
The Arena Direct information states that receiving prizes requires a Wizards account and an i-Payout account. As a player preparing to enter the event, I naturally interpreted this to mean that I should create and verify an i-Payout account before paying to enter the tournament.
However, the actual Arena Direct process appears to be that players cannot set up the Arena Direct i-Payout account in advance. If a player earns a qualifying prize, Wizards initiates the i-Payout setup process after the event and then sends the player instructions.
That is a significant distinction, and it should be communicated clearly before players enter the event.
I strongly recommend adding a prominent statement to the Arena Direct event page such as:
“You do not need to create an i-Payout account before entering Arena Direct. If you earn a qualifying prize, Wizards will provide instructions for setting up your Arena Direct i-Payout account after the event.”
This would eliminate unnecessary confusion and reassure players that they have not missed a required pre-tournament setup step.
I only discovered this distinction after having to search through the support documentation. The information should be made clear on the Arena Direct event page itself, particularly because players are being asked to pay an entry fee and may reasonably want to ensure that all prize requirements are satisfied beforehand.