Great Train Heist copied by Display of Power failed to produce the third combat
I was playing MTG Arena on iPhone and cast Great Train Heist during my combat phase. I paid the Spree cost for the additional-combat mode.
I then cast Display of Power, copying Great Train Heist while I was still in the same combat phase.
The Arena interface appeared to show two additional combat phases queued on the left side of the screen, which seemed to indicate that both the original Great Train Heist and the Display of Power copy had successfully created an additional combat.
However, after the next combat phase occurred, the queued combat indicators disappeared and Arena did not give me the second additional combat. In other words, I received only one additional combat instead of the expected two additional combats.
Expected result:
Original combat
Additional combat created by the original Great Train Heist
Additional combat created by the copied Great Train Heist
3 combat phases total
Actual result:
Original combat
One additional combat
The second queued combat disappeared after the additional combat ended
Only 2 combat phases occurred
The fact that two additional combats appeared to be queued makes this look like an issue with Arena resolving/scheduling consecutive additional combat phases rather than the copy failing to register.
Platform: iPhone / MTG Arena mobile
Card copied: Great Train Heist
Copy effect: Display of Power
-
Rezzahan#77802
commented
Did you have any untapped creatures that could attack in the third combat phase? Because Great Train Heist untaps the creatures when it resolves, meaning with your copy they got untapped twice in the first combat phase. If you attacked in the second combat pahse, they was nothing to untap your creatures for the third. With no creatures left to attack with, the third combat phase's declare attackers step and subsequent steps were skipped.