The One Ring
Had the One Ring up to 4 burden counters on my upkeep. Activated it in response to the triggered ability to draw 5 cards, drew the 5 cards. Still responding to the triggered ability, I exiled the One Ring so I didn’t lose life. I lost 5 life anyway when the triggered ability resolving.
I shouldn’t have lost any life because when the triggered ability resolved, it wouldn’t see the 5 burden counters that were on the artifact. No One Ring, no counters, no life loss. Please fix this for future games.
-
Rezzahan#77802
commented
Not a bug. When a spell or ability needs information about an object that no longer exists, the game uses Last Known Information. And that last known information about The One Ring includes it having 5 burden counters. In short, just getting rid of the Ring in response to the trigger won't save you from the life loss. You have to get rid of the counters or get rid of the Ring before it triggers.