Skip to content

MTG Arena Bugs & Product Suggestions

This page is for reporting bugs and submitting product suggestions. If you are experiencing issues with your account, with an order, or otherwise need customer support, please click here. 

How to report a bug

1.       Give us the steps to reproduce the bug

2.       Note which platform you’re using (PC, Steam, Mac, Android, or iOS)

3.       Enter the actual results you’re experiencing

4.       Enter the expected results of the feature

5.       Add any relevant screenshots/videos

6.       If you found a workaround, please add workaround steps.

Examples of bugs: Incorrect rules interactions, wrong event rewards, issues with client functions like creating decks

How to submit product suggestions

1. Select “Product Suggestion” as the Category for your suggestion
  2. Enter your feedback
  3. Add any relevant screenshots/videos

Examples of product suggestions: Feedback on visual effects, recommendations for user interface improvements, new feature requests

--------------

If you receive an error message that your attachment did not upload, please check to make sure it is smaller than 50 MB.

3383 results found

1. dragon's fire with goldspan dragon

I can not play dragon's fire with golds-an dragon in my hand .
    I was unable to select the dragon in my hand to play the dragon's fire . I can play it only with the dragon in play.
    device : iPad Air

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Missing Cards After Opening Packs

opened packs and received 3 Planeswalkers and only have 1 in my collection. I could also be missing other cards as I did not check the entire log vs my collection as there were a ton of packs.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Black screen waiting to connect to server

After logging in screen is waiting to connect to server. Never happens. Uninstalled, restart iPhone with up to date iOS and magic arena update. Was like this from day 2 of iOS until a week in, had two days where I could play and back to black screen

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can’t attack on iOS

I was in a match between 11:30-11:55 CT on March 27th. Against an opponent who had an Azorious control deck.

We were deep into the game, 10+ turns. When I tried to attack with a Vampire of the Dire Moon and Varragoth. I also had a Tergrid’s Lantern out. The only option I had was Attack All or No Attack. Didn’t matter how many times I clicked on my creatures. I wanted to just attack with Varragoth. But even when I clicked Attack All, nothing happened. I minimized and relaunched the app. I closed and reopened it. I tried No…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ban Tibalt's Trickery in Standard

This is supposed to be a game of skill, not chance.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Halvar Rework

Please ask if we intend to use Halvars start of combat ability before forcing us to pick targets. It feels terrible to be forced to choose an equip, and a creature, every Combat step.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Low Graphics" setting to MTGA Mobile

My brother and I have decent mid-tier Androids capable of running MTGA's beta client, but the game constantly lags and freezes during play and even deckbuilding.

It would be extremely helpful to those with weaker phones if there could be added a graphics quality variance option similar to that used in other games, which would allow the user to disable things like extra particles, animations, and models that slow the game down.

Pets and flashy animations and whatnot are great on my PC, but I'd rather have the option of a visually simple game of Magic that runs perfectly than…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reduce mobile graphics

Please give an option to reduce mobile graphics. Or automatically reduce graphics once a large number of cards and tokens are present on the field. I just had to concede a game because the client froze on my phone once I had 30+ permanents

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DISABLE/TURN OFF ANIMATIONS !!!!!!

Please allow us to turn off animations. I want to use an older computer to run MTG arena, but it cannot handle the excessive animations, even at the lowest graphic settings.

There is probably some sort of marketing or focus group reason that exists to force players to see animations, because Hasbro thinks that it will foster interest. Or, perhaps employees such as animators are hesitant to allow this due to fears of becoming redundant and losing their jobs. However, this puts hardship upon the users and create a nuisance, please reconsider your course of action.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Suggestion: Introduce a max deck size of around 100-150 to reflect IRL rules

In reality, the rule exists "There's no maximum deck size, as long as you can shuffle your deck in your hands unassisted". I see players playing 200+ cards in a deck in Arena. A deck limit of 100-150 would be reasonable given almost no players could physically shuffle more than this. This prevents situations in Arena where people play 300 card 'do nothing' decks that aim to mill the opponent over the course of over 50 draw steps and drag games on for over 30 minutes.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ranked queue for Brawl

Please consider creating a Ranked queue for Brawl. It would give players another option to earn rewards for those who do not want to play Standard, Historic, or Draft.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 4 player

Since Brawl is a multiplayer format, any plans to bring it into Arena with the support for the format as a multiplayer (4 play option) Brawl as a singleton variant to 1 v 1 plays more like duel or who can counter who, the appeal of the format in paper is it's likeness to Commander and a deeper social mechanic that influences the game deeper than just cardpool. The roadmap currently for Arena doesn't mention this.

In the meantime, Brawl needs to be consistent and free play including the historic Brawl option for players to get more people into the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Anointed Peacekeeper.

When playing the Anointed Peacekeeper card on mtg arena today, I noticed the 2 mana increase cost did not apply to the card I chose of my opponent. He played it at the regular cost. My Anointed Peacekeeper was on the board at the time still.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bot match additional features

bot match additional features

1. add functionality for brawl. This would be great for players to playtest with.

2. Unrestrict all cards/decks in bot matches. Sometimes people just want to play around with old decks thats have banned cards. It would be like having vintage in bot matches. Wouldnt hurt the meta and would also let us use someof those decs taking up space whiile we wait for unbanning.

3. difficulty settings would be nice as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. light up the night

1. start main 1 with wind-scarred crag in play untapped (RW dual) and light up the night in hand
    2. play another wind-scarred crag
    3. turn auto-passed because it didn't recognize me having any valid plays to make, when LUTN X=0 is an allowable action, especially with two 2/1 creatures on my opponent's side of the table.

intended to use LUTN X=0 after playing my land for turn to kill opponent's X/1 creature, never got the opportunity.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Check for active matches FIRST after crash.

Listen, Arena is glitchy trash that crashes constantly. I've come to accept that. It would be nice if you'd skip the "loading initial scene" and other steps before letting someone back into their match, though. "Checking for active matches" should be the FIRST step, in order to screwing people over.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. alchemy is NOT magic

i play arena because its EXACTLY paper magic in digital format. all these "perpetual" and "seek" cards and everything were bad enough that i refused to spend wildcards on them. Now that they added Alchemy, arena will lose 100% of my time. It is no longer the same as paper. i refuse to use cards in the digital format that are not printed on paper and legal on paper formats.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Alchemy entering Historic has now caused me to quit

Been playing for 27 years but no more. Historic needs to be directly replicable in paper.

Your efforts to become Hearthstone are transparent and ineffective and you aste alternating your long time player base.

Uninstalled. And you will be issuing me full refunds for every cent I've ever spent because you did not deliver and unaltered product.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Concerned about the future of Paper MTG Balance

I'm concerned about the future of paper MTG balance after the announcement of Alchemy.

Since this format will likely be the new defacto digital format thanks to the swift rebalancing that will occur to overly powerful cards, I feel like there will be a greater chance that cards will be pushed to an even higher power level in general. This wouldn't be an issue for Alchemy, as that format can be balanced on the fly, but it could potentially damage the integrity of any other eternal paper formats. This is especially a concern when looking at the latest straight to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Coven bugged / not working on Arena?

Coven seems to be bugged. I've had it activate once so far with a field of seven creatures, but second game didn't seem to activate at all with a field of 3-4 creatures, all with ability text boxes. What are the parameters for Coven?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

MTG Arena Bugs & Product Suggestions

Categories